Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's Blooming Today?


Good lord it was a gorgeous day! Not only was it a gorgeous day, but it was a gorgeous day that I got to spend on the beach in Scarborough, with a bunch of 7th graders and some awesome teachers I work with. The weather was spectacular, the kids were ridiculously well behaved and I did NOT get sunburned! At least I don't think I did anyways...

As we were driving there and driving back, I couldn't help but notice all of the amazing flowers that are blooming all over the place. We even passed a place that had a sign out for fresh picked strawberries! They looked awfully good all lined up in their little pint containers. I also saw some incredible rosa rugosa bushes that are completely covered in bright pink flowers and most likely surrounded by very happy bees. I think that there is very little in this world that smells better than a rosa rugosa. It is a fantastic, pure scent that just makes me smile. 

At my house, I also have some good stuff blooming. My jacob's ladder and columbine are winding down, but the irises are just starting up! There are some gorgeous purple ones and there are yellow ones that are just astounding. Some shades of yellow aren't that great, but this shade is something else. 

On that note, I am thinking I should write a poem about this flowery stuff. What do you think? 

The color of roses -
multi-hued,
golden,
velvet red.

A veritable 
rainbow
of scent and shade
surrounded
by the busy buzzing of a million bees
thrilled to have found
such a stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment