Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blogging in Earnest.


I have been slacking off pretty hard in the blogging department. The end of the school year is always crazy and it causes a lot of other things to be swept under the rug for the time being. I have also been burning my candle at both ends and it's really starting to catch up with me. Someone remind me next year to NOT agree to work Saturdays before school gets out. It's a little too much for me right now. I'm also super bummed because I have to work this Saturday and there are two big things happening that I wish I could attend, but I can't! My mom is the graduation speaker at The Community School and Carly is having a graduation party! Darn it all!! Anyways, enough complaining. 

I guess that honestly, I just don't have a whole lot to say right now. I've got a lot going on, but most of it is going on in my head... once I get all of it sorted out, I'll slap some of my "deep" thoughts up here, but for now, let's just head straight for the poetry. I wrote this one quite some time ago and I kind of like it. I hope you enjoy it too!

Scenting the Enemy

I hear a thousand winds moan

as I watch for the smell

of those gifted dreamers

who whisper winter days away.

Months later

the rain comes blue –

it’s drops chanting a new tune.

Some women are mean and weak

behind hard exteriors

carved from granite.

Their men run from them

and hide in beds

tucked under plaid flannel covers.

There they shine

snug as bugs in a rug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment