Thursday, June 18, 2009

If only...

I was just thinking, "if only I could capture the scent that's in the air tonight." I just had Lucy out for her before bed constitutional and was just soaking in the amazing-ness of the evening. It is rainy and funky out, but I have to say, I'm kind of loving it. I enjoy the sunshine and the warm weather, but there are times that the rain just suits my mood and I guess right now is one of those times. 

I feel like there are so many things wrapping up and coming to an end, and it makes me kind of sad. Tomorrow is my last "normal" day of school for this year and I am super bummed! I have had such an awesome year with the group of students I have and I'm not going to have them anymore after next Tuesday. That's really depressing! I know they'll be in the same building next year, but it won't be the same. I won't get to have them in class every day and watch them grow, change and learn. I won't know what's going on in their lives and I won't be their teacher anymore. 

I just got home from enjoying a delightful evening of "Sandwich Week" with Al, Jess and Paul. We had some amazing eggplanty goodness that Al concocted. I have been craving eggplant so I was super excited to get the invite. I am pretty proud to say that I am really backing off on the meat consumption. It has never been the light of my life, but I have always just eaten it because it was easier... that's just not the case for me anymore. 

While driving home, I had to do some serious slaloming because there were cute little froggies all over the road soaking in the raindrops. They are so awesome and I absolutely hate driving at night in the rain because sometimes the frogs are just unavoidable. I missed them all tonight, thank goodness. 

Well, it's WAY past my bedtime and I've got school tomorrow, so I've got to head off to dreamland. Let's see if I can get out a quick little poem before I pass out of the picture:

Rain falls in the evening -
saturates the air and soil.
The green of the leaves is 
magnified
in the million prisms
drizzling down
from the clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment