Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reunion Time


I just got home from the 2nd Annual Community School Alumni BBQ. Since all of the graduating classes are so small, we don't have class reunions, we just have school reunions. Last year we had a decent turn out - 15 or 16 people and this year wasn't too shabby for a yucky day - probably 10 or so, including one of the most recent alums who graduated yesterday. 

It rocked my world because I got to see my friend Claire who at this point in time I think can be considered my "oldest" friend. We've been close since I was a freshmen in high school and since I graduated nine years ago... yeah... it's quite a long time. She is absolutely amazing and wonderful and I love her to pieces. I don't get to see her very often, even though she just lives over in Portland. I think that may just have to change though. I can be a big brave girl and drive to the big city.

It's another rainy Sunday around here. It feels so good to just be at home. I haven't been just at home to sit on the couch and hang out with my puppies in WAY too long. I have a Dexter curled up on my right and Lucy is alternating between staring out the slider and walking all over my computer to get right in my face. She's so cute... so is Dexter. I have two pretty darn cute puppies. 

I haven't been writing all that much the past week or so because I've been too busy with wrapping stuff up at school. I need to get all of that stuff taken care of soon. My next big project is to clean out my desk... it might be scary. I tend to be a pack rat. I also have an addiction to office supplies. It is crazy to think that the school year is really almost over. I have had a wonderful first year at KMS and am going to miss my kiddos from this year so badly! They were a great group and I hope they come back to the 7th grade wing every now and then to visit. 

Okay - now, on to poetry. I'm going to write something new. Right now. Bear with me.

It's a blue day
today. 
Raindrops 
make patterns on windows
like teardrops
make patterns on cheeks. 

Fatigue 
has infiltrated 
every crevice of my being.
I am fading - 
fast,
and looking for a crayon
to fill the color
back in. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this poem, especially the way the repition of drops sounds in the first stanza.

    ReplyDelete