Monday, June 29, 2009

And the rain continues...


I know you might find this hard to believe, but it's raining. My dog Dexter is showing all of the classic signs of depression because it has been raining and raining and raining. It's pitiful. He's laying on the couch, staring out the window at the rain. I'd take him for a walk in the rain, but he doesn't do the wetness. He even walks on the railroad ties around the house when the dew is still on the grass. He's just a weenie like that, but I still love him. A lot. 

Speaking of Dexter, tomorrow I will have had him for two years! The picture above is of he and I on the day we picked him up. He's changed quite a bit since then... he was so skinny! I thank my lucky stars every day that I have him in my life. He rocks. 

I had a fantastic first day of my summer vacation despite the un-summery weather. I got up at 7:30, puttered around the house a little and then went north shopping. I got a new fan for the window to replace the one that Lucy destroyed the cord to, some t-shirts, some pants, it was a good time and then I grocery shopped to boot! What a productive day. 

When I got home, I got everything put away and spent a little me time painting my toenails. I found a fantastic shade of purple today and if you ask me, it looks rather lovely. I'm a fan. 

Tomorrow I'm off to Plymouth State University for an author visit at the Plymouth Writing Project. This means that I get to be enriched, do a little writing and see Nichole! I am rather excited. 

That being said, I am going to sign off and sample some of the soy ice cream I bought today. I'll let you know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment