Sunday, June 28, 2009

Leaners

As I am sure most of you know, I have two dogs. Dexter and Lucy are my babies and they are pretty much just fantastic. Not only are they adorable, lovable and super snugglable, they are both leaners. They can't just sit down next to you or in front of you of their own accord, they have to lean their entire bodies against your body. They tend to do this to each other as well. They've been wanting to be really close lately. I have to say, I like it. It's nice to feel loved. 

I did a home visit today all the way up in Thornton, which I discovered is a LONG way from my house. It took me about an hour and a half to get there and then after a total of about eight minutes, I was headed back again. They were awesome people and I wish them the best of luck with their new family member. They have a particular puppy in mind and I hope that they get him. They were all excited for him. It was awesome to see people so happy!

On the way up there, I passed a little store called Veggie Art Girl and lord knows I had to stop on the way back through. It was adorable! There were a lot of fun, handmade things and I picked up a couple of them to bring home with me. If you're driving through Ashland, I would highly recommend stopping by. 

Okay, I'm losing my train of thought so let's try for a poem before it's too late...

owls sing my serenade
so there's no need to 
whistle
while i work.

a pair of them
are calling out
to one another
and all i can do
is wonder 
what they're saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment