Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ahhhh, the weekend.


So, it's Saturday. I'm glad that it's not Friday anymore, because yesterday was not the most stupendous day ever. Long story that we won't go into here, but trust me, I'm glad it's done with! 

I just got home from a lovely day of working at Bearcamp Garden. The weather is gorgeous, the sun is shining and lots of people were out and about buying flowers. We've got some gorgeous stuff down there, so if you're in the market for annuals, perennials or some aggregate, come on down! Betsy and Peter rock, as do the rest of the people who work at BCG. 

I do believe that this evening I will be traveling to the great state of Maine for a graduation party for yet ANOTHER one of my former students who has finished up the great battle that we call high school. She was an on and off charter schooler, and always a very cool chick. She is a fantastic artist and takes some of the most gorgeous photographs I have ever seen. I know she has a website, though I'm not sure what it is. I'll have to ask her for it so I can post a link up here for all to see. 

Well, I'm going to get a poem up here and get the dogs out for a walk. I think it's cooled off a bit so they won't be totally roasting. I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!!

Childhood Was

black rubber boots

with red soles.

early morning barn chores.

fudgcicles for breakfast

on hot Saturday mornings

covered in sawdust.

riding every day until dark.

reading and writing

and living a whole other life

inside my head.

 

1 comment: