Sunday, June 21, 2009

D-Day of Sorts...


Today is Father's Day. Everyone has one, even if they don't want to admit it. I have one. He's in this picture with me. I admit it willingly and I have to say, I am a big fan of him. We've had our ups and downs as most fathers and daughters do, but on the whole, it's mostly ups. 

I am tired still. I have a feeling I'm going to continue to be tired until I've been on vacation for a week or two. It's hard to get sleep when there's so much stuff going on inside your head. Not to mention the fact that Lucy is up and down all night long! Five more days of school related stuff and then I'm free. I am pretty darned excited about that too. Free to spend time at home, spend time at the barn, spend time with friends... free. 

So speaking of sleeping issues, here's a poem I wrote about them the other morning:

Sleep
no longer comes easy
as my mind roils
in constant
turmoil.
I think I know what Chicken Little 
meant
when he claimed that the sky
was falling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment