Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mud Season Blues?

Well, it appears that perhaps the end of Winter/beginning of mud season has got me down. Maybe it's just a reaction to all of the beautiful weather that was a tease last week turning to this cold, rainy business... I don't know, but I'm dragging for sure.

I got a good night's sleep last night, which ought to help somewhat, but I think I just need a little sunshine in order to really get feeling right. I don't think we're in line for any of that today, but "it can't rain all the time" so it's bound to improve sometime.

It's a barn night tonight and I am excited for that. It will probably be too yucky for riding, but a good pony snuggle might just help break down this barrier of blue. I am feeling particularly lucky right now to have my love up here with me. Last night he knew I was feeling down and he told me to get on a warm hat, raincoat and my rubber boots... I did and we went down and sat by the river. It was almost like meditation. We sat, silently, and watched the water, and boy was that water flowing fast. It was awesome and so is he.

I guess then the long and short of it is, that even though I'm feeling down... I'm still a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment