Sunday, July 12, 2009

Homework? Check.

The assigner: Albie Rock
The assignment: Watch Rushmore
Due Date: As soon as possible
Status: DONE!

I did my homework today ladies and gentlemen. I was given a task and I completed it and I have to say, it was most certainly worth every minute and every penny. 

I adventured to Tilton today in order to get some less expensive groceries at Market Basket and because I figured that it was a safe bet that I would be able to find the assigned film at Music for a Song - a great music/movie store in the Tanger Outlet Center. Unfortunately, today was my last visit there since they are closing as of next Saturday. At any rate, I succeeded in my mission and not only did I pick up Rushmore, I found a copy of The Black Stallion and an animated film made from one of my favorite books of all time: Dragons of the Autumn Twilight, a Drangonlance book. I didn't know that they had made a movie, but I was pretty excited and that is next on my movie playlist. 

At any rate, I just finished watching Rushmore. At first I didn't think tonight was my night because when I put it in the DVD player in my living room, the DVD player kept getting an error. Thank goodness for my Macbook since the DVD player in the bedroom has gone the way of the dinosaurs, though I don't think that it will eventually turn into oil, coal or diamonds. If only...

I wasn't sure what to expect because I didn't read the back of the case before I started the movie, but since I tend to trust Jess and Al when it comes to.... oh just about anything, I figured I was in for a good flick. To their great credit, I was right. The movie was awesome. It was funny, witty and thought provoking. The characters were fantastic, the story was well developed and it was just all around a good time. I have to say that I loved the character named Dirk as well as the little boy who is never named but shows up randomly in the majority of the movie. 

I feel like I have attained a goal tonight. It's been a while since I had homework and it feels like an accomplishment to have completed it. Tonight, Rushmore. Tomorrow night, the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment