Thursday, April 15, 2010

Too much.

Sometimes it seems like the world just dishes out too much. That's when someone inevitable brings up the good old saying, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger," and though I find it irritating as all get out, I have to agree with it. Even now, when I'm feeling like all of the things piling up are sucking the strength and life right out of me, I know that when I get through it, I will be stronger for it.

It relates to the same sort of principle as one of my all-time favorite quotations: "The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain." My grandmother looked at this quote tattooed on my arm the other day and vehemently disagreed. I can't say I blame her. When you are right in the midst of the sorrow, it's hard to think about the time that will come after. Though the death of someone we love stays with us, and we always have a hollow spot where that sadness lives, it leaves us with that much more room to be full of happiness.

I guess this means I'm thinking along a more positive line today. Good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment