Monday, April 12, 2010

Creative Juices

Springtime has everyone's creative juices flowing. Mine are flowing sort of on the slow side at the moment though it's getting to be the time when flowers are blooming for me to photograph, but Cyle's have been hopping. This is the trellis that he created for my mom on Saturday.


He walked around in the woods cutting down saplings and wove them all together and buried them in the ground so my mom has something to plant her sweet peas and morning glories around. It is gorgeous.

After he finished that project, he put together a wind chime to hang on it from cans out of the recycling bin. This is the wind chime that my grandfather would have loved.



My contribution to the artistic stylings at the moment is this:


Not only did I photograph this forsythia, I spent about an hour a couple of weeks ago pruning the ever loving snot out of it so that it would bloom well this year. In the past it has gotten a little confused and bloomed in the Fall... definitely the wrong time of year. The Spring pruning definitely paid off though... it's completely covered with flowers and like my mom said yesterday, it's like we have our own sun in the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment