Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Long Time Gone...

Well, it has been quite a while since I last posted. Things have been a little wild whirlwindy in my life since, judging from the date of my last post, August 16th.

Lots of new, lots of different, lots of changes and they are all good things in the long run. Not necessarily the easiest, but definitely all for the best.

Last weekend at a particularly fantastic wedding I attended for a particularly fantastic friend, another friend was giving me a hard time about not keeping up on the blogging so I figured I would get back into it. My living situations have changed and blogging at home is hard due to a distinct lack of decent internet access (they still DO have dial-up in some locales), so I'm going to have to steal time at school, or haul my computer around to places with wireless. Either way, I am betting I can handle it.

In short, over the last three months, I have done a whole lot of getting back to my roots and getting back to myself. Over time I let myself lose sight of a bunch of things I have always really wanted and the loss of those dreams was really starting to kick my butt. I wasn't happy. At all. In fact, I was very sad. Thanks however to good friends and, I would say, cashing in some good karma I must have built up over time, I am back on the right track and loving it. I'm not exactly where I want to be yet, but I am getting closer every single day. I'm back to having calluses on my hands, dirt under my fingernails, hay stuck in my hair and shoes that smell like horse pee and I'm loving every second of it.

Getting down and dirty (get your mind out of the gutter!) is what I like to do and I am back to doing it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment