Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh geez....

So, maybe this is going to become a once a month kind of thing... I do have a lot to say, I swear. I guess there's just not enough time to say it in.

January flew by. Life is good. My taxes are done. My least favorite month of the year has arrived, but I'm working hard on changing my view. Just because I crossed out the "February" on my calendar and wrote in "F*&%uary" doesn't mean I'm not trying... right?

It's a tough month. Lots of anniversaries of things that don't bring about happy memories. February has been a month of loss for me historically and as they say, history repeats itself. At least I suppose it has a tendency to though there's no guarantee.

I'm thinking maybe that's what I need to focus on. "Life is Not a Guarantee". It's a great song by a great bluegrass band, Kickin' Grass. We saw them at the Pemi-Valley Bluegrass Festival last year and fell instantly in love. That song is definitely my favorite. It spoke to both of us pretty intensely. It's certainly worth a listen.

This February (knock on wood) has started out well. I've spent time with people I love, doing things that I love. Got a beautiful new tattoo yesterday from my very best friend Jess, after a big, fantastic breakfast of the most delicious pancakes ever, made by her significant other and another one of my very best friends, Albert.

Not much to complain about in my world and I intend to keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment