Thursday, January 14, 2010

Promises...




I have gotten so bad about blogging! For a while, I was going to shoot for the once a week schedule, but that has gone right to the dogs. I'm going to try to get better. I promise.

It's January. It's been feeling like January too. Cold wind. Cold nights. Lots of coldness. No snow recently though. I could really go for a snow day one of these days... especially if I were to get stranded for an extra day in the southern part of the state. I'd be totally down for that.

There are some good things about January though. The first one that comes to mind is Albie Rock's birthday. I'm a week belated, but Happy Birthday Al! I made you something... that I haven't given you yet... and I forgot it today, but you'll get it before your next birthday. I promise.

Another good thing about January is that the days are really and truly and actually getting longer. I've been getting back to the barn in the afternoons and spending some serious quality time with my ponies, and it is staying noticeably lighter, longer. It rocks. It's nice to know that even though it doesn't look or feel like it yet, Spring is in the works somewhere deep under cover.

I can't wait for Spring. So many good, new things are going to bloom this Spring and I am looking forward to all of them. New lives, new relationships, new gardens, new situations, new plans, all beginning to bud and getting ready to flower, either for the first time or, in some cases, the second time around.

I think from now on, I should plant a flower for every happy anniversary of sorts. If I keep on doing that, I'll end up with a garden full of happy memories and bunches of hollyhocks, daylillies, daisies, columbine, jacob's ladder, liatris, primroses, lupines, lily of the valley, crocus, irises, peonies, foxglove and much, much more. In fact, I'm going to do it. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment